Contact us by email or phone.
Arson attacks across Lancashire cut by 1,000
12:01pm Wednesday 18th April 2012 in News
ARSON attacks have dropped by 1,000 incidents since a partnership between firefighters and police began.
Police said a team of arson detectives, set up four years ago to actively pursue deliberate fire setters, has proved successful.
Deputy chief fire officer Paul Richardson said: “The increased number of arson convictions in the last year highlights the successful work of the partnership.”
Det Insp Simon Cheyte: “Lancashire Constabulary has been working very closely with Lancashire Fire and Rescue to improve our processes around the investigation of arson.
“I am pleased to see our joint hard work is starting to pay dividends and those people responsible, for what are extremely serious offences, are getting the sentences they deserve.”