Contact us by email or phone.
Chelsea won't sell De Bruyne
Chelsea look set to dash Kevin De Bruyne's hopes of leaving Stamford Bridge on a permanent basis.
De Bruyne signed for the Blues from Genk two years ago, but he has been sent out on loan twice - first back to Genk, and then to Werder Bremen.
The Belgium international has only started two Barclays Premier League games for the Blues since he returned to London last summer.
The midfielder's agent Patrick De Koster met with Chelsea officials last week and on Thursday he revealed that his client wants to leave Stamford Bridge.
De Koster claims Juventus and Atletico Madrid have shown interest in De Bruyne, but said the player wants to return to Germany, with Wolfsburg being his preferred option.
"Another loan wouldn't be good for the player or the club," De Koster told Press Association Sport.
"The player and his family would like to secure a permanent solution because he has been out on loan already twice.
"It's a World Cup year and for this reason he needs to play.
"Now in the next few hours or days, we will see if somebody finds an agreement with Chelsea. If there is an agreement I will speak with the player about what we will do. His preference is to go back to the Bundesliga. There have been discussions with Wolfsburg and other clubs."
But despite his wishes, Press Association Sport understands that Chelsea will not consider selling De Bruyne this month.
It is understood that Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho will give De Bruyne more playing time in January.
He will have to perform well to keep his place though as Chelsea have the likes of Eden Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Andre Schurrle and Juan Mata in his favoured position just behind a main striker.
If at the end of the month the player is still not happy with life at Stamford Bridge, then Mourinho will consider allowing the player to leave - but only on loan.
Mourinho said he expected the transfer window to be a "closed" one for Chelsea following the club's New Year's Day win over Southampton.
The Portuguese did say his door is open if Mata, who reacted furiously to being substituted at St Mary's Stadium, and Michael Essien wanted to leave, however.
It is understood Mata's representatives called Chelsea on Thursday to clarify reporting of Mourinho's comments regarding the Spaniard.
Mata did not shake Mourinho's hand after being withdrawn in the 53rd minute and he flung his arms up in the direction of the touchline, where the Blues boss was standing.
When asked about Mata's future, Mourinho said after the game: "I want to keep him. I don't want him to go. That is my opinion, my wish, but my door is open," the Chelsea manager said.
"The club's door is open too, so when a player wants to speak to us we are there waiting for them.
"If you are asking do you want the club to sell him? I don't want to."
Paris St Germain, Manchester United and Tottenham were all linked with Mata last summer.
Of the three, PSG have the biggest spending power but the club's president Nasser Al-Khelaifi does not feel the squad needs to increase in size.
"For me, the club does not need new players," the Qatari businessman told radio station RMC.
"The quality of play in PSG is really high."
Meanwhile, Chelsea announced on Thursday afternoon that 18-year-old midfielder Bertrand Traore has joined Dutch club Vitesse Arnhem on loan until the end of the season.
The Burkina Faso international signed for Chelsea on New Year's Day following a trial with the club.
This follows Chelsea recalling Gael Kakuta and Sam Hutchinson from their loan spells at Vitesse.