Lancashire fire crews warn residents

First published in News

FIREFIGHTERS are urging residents not to tackle fires in their homes unless they know proper techniques.

The warning comes as a woman was treated for smoke inhalation after trying to put out a toaster fire with a damp cloth and pillow, in Kime Street, Burnley, at around 9.10pm on Sunday.

Watch manager Neil Ashworth said: “The advice we give is to shut the door, call us, and not to put yourself in danger.

“The woman, who is in her forties, discovered the fire and tried to tackle it with a damp cloth, which is not recommended. It did not work, so she tried with a pillow and made it worse.

“The lady suffered smoke inhalation and we treated her at the scene with oxygen.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree